Is your group interested in a fun community service project?
Storm drain marking involves labeling curbside storm drain inlets with medallions as permanent visual reminders that storm drains lead directly to a waterway and nothing should go into them except rain.
As stormwater—or rain—washes across paved surfaces, pollutants on the ground (such as chemicals, pet waste, cigarette butts, and oils) are carried into storm drains and empty into our local waterways without being treated. In addition to runoff, some people actually dump pollutants, trash, and yard debris directly into or on top of storm drains.
By marking storm drains you are helping to make people aware of stormwater pollution and what they can do to prevent it.
Help us by volunteering to mark stormdrains! All it takes is 2 to 3 hours, and your group can do its part to show that My River Starts Here!
What you can do:
- Recruit 4-10 people interested in spending a few hours outdoors (if you are an individual or have a larger group, please note in the comments column on the form to the right and we will work with you).
- Let us know what area you’re interested in marking.
- Commit to 2 to 3 hours to walk around the neighborhood marking stormdrains and distributing educational information to residents.
What we provide:
- Training and support the day of the event.
- A map of the area you’ll be marking.
- All the materials to mark stormdrains in your area.
- A big THANK YOU for helping out!